19 April, 2013

Ike's Tropical Food Market_Atlanta GA

I was recently at Ike's Tropical Market and instantly felt like I had just stepped into mini-Ghana. Anything and everything you can think of that is specific to African, Spanish and Caribbean cuisine can be found at Ike's.

I was especially excited about the items specifically found in Ghana and pleasantly surprised by the amount of stuff that you could find in this little grocery store. Another bonus was that Ike's serves multicultural foods daily. I tried Tuo Zaafi ( see picture below) for the second time from this store and although I thought my first go-around was scrumptious, this one turned out to be awesome as well. You could stock up on Foreign Language Films too.

Expect great customer service as well. I bought a six pack of Malta that was mistakenly left behind. There was no hustle when I returned to claim it.

Ike's is a one-stop shop for all the ingredients you'd need to prepare an exotic dish.

If you'd like to visit:
Ike's Tropical Market,
1241 Indian Trial Rd,
Norcross GA 30093.
770-806-1719

Photos I took at Ike's. Can you name all these items?

Let me attempt naming these:

I love me some ripe plantains. This is exactly how I like them.

 Yams

Mortar for fufu and palmnut and ladles for banku

Grinder used in conjunction with 'Asanka' below
'Asanka'

Ideal milk

Dried Fish

Fanti Kenkey

Lucozade

Small chops...chin chin

Blue band margarine and Sugar Bread

'Pray3'..The traditional broom
Shea Butter

Cola Nuts

Ghanaian Edible white clay...'shire'/ 'ayilo'
Fufu Mortar and Pestle
Ga Kenkey
And finally the TuoZaafi I had!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?